Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) 3 Posts
Responsible to: Head of Quality
Pay Grade/Work Level: Salary £27,000 – £30,000 (Dependant on Experience), Mobile phone & laptop. Company Car or Business Mileage if using own car, Company Credit Card.
Overall Purpose of the Role
We have exciting opportunities for current / experienced Internal Quality Assurers to support quality assure the delivery within the following apprenticeship disciplines:
We are looking for relevant and appropriate occupational experience, as well as prior experience of delivering quality assurance processes across one or a number of the sectors listed above.
You should be an enthusiastic and dynamic individual with a passion for supporting the delivery of the best learner experience possible. Having sector credibility, you will be central to the successful adherence of awarding organisation, Ofsted and company standards. This rewarding role will allow you to draw upon your experience, provide support and leadership to Jigsaw Training Tutors and Assessors in the quality provision of apprenticeships within the workplace, enabling them to achieve their business goals and company KPI’s.
- Ensure that all Tutors / Assessors follow assessment procedures as recommended by the Awarding Organisations & Lead Bodies
- Ensure all Tutors / Assessors are occupationally competent, qualified and hold appropriate assessment qualifications (or are registered and working towards them)
- Lead the subject sector area in any audit and / or designated EQA visits from the Awarding Organisation ensuring all internal and external standards are maintained and surpassed
- Ensure that all Tutors / Assessors are consistent in their interpretation of the National Occupational Standards, internal policies and procedures.
- Produce, deliver and assess tutors against a planned IQA Sampling Plan to include formative and summative samples to quality assure all Tutor / Assessor.
- Create, maintain and deliver a Quality Monitoring Plan for all Tutors / Assessors, conducting assessment visits and completing appropriate Professional Development Action Plans (PDP’s) as required based on the following frequency:
- Experienced Tutors / Assessors at least once per year.
- New / less experienced (less than 12 months) Tutors / Assessors at least quarterly
- Ensure that all Tutor / Assessors have 100% of their assessment decisions quality assured until the IQA is satisfied with their consistency & standard of assessment. Tutor Risk Profile should be subsequently maintained.
- Ensure unqualified Tutor / Assessors have all assessment decisions countersigned by qualified Assessors
- Provide and manage a process of support for tutors identified as being a risk, or who have been identified as underperforming
- Provide Tutor / Assessors with prompt and constructive feedback where PDP’s are clear and timescales realistic.
- Complete formative and summative sampling throughout the apprenticeship programmes, assuming responsibility for all audit trails though to Certification Request to the Quality Assurance Coordinators, this maybe on or off site as required.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation associated with all aspects of the quality monitoring process and Awarding Organisation requirements, chairing quality meetings and discussions as needed.
- Provide support, advice and training for Tutor / Assessors including standardisation of practises & final IQA decisions.
- Conduct evaluation surveys with all stakeholders
This information is provided as a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to incorporate changing circumstances, and you may be required to be flexible and perform other duties as required by your manager. It does not form part of your contract of employment.
We are looking for someone who can display / develop the following behaviours and characteristics:
- Social with good communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Able to be assertive, whilst maintain outstanding working relationships
- A role model for best practise with high standards and expectations
- Compassionate and empathetic to problem solving
- Able to focus on detail and standards whilst maintaining a ‘bigger picture’ perspective
- Able to apply a common sense approach to high stress situations
- Enthusiastic and passionate about raise standards and supporting delivery
- Dynamic and self-motivated to act on your own initiative, but contribute as part of a quality team.
- Extensive experience within the relevant sector at Supervisory/Management level
- One of the following teaching qualification – PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, CertEd, PGCE
- One of the following assessing qualifications – A1/A2, D32/33 or TAQA Level 3 Qualified
- One of the following internal verification qualifications – V1, D34 or TAQA Level 4 Qualified
- Experience of assessing /coaching within a ‘Work Based’ learning environment with experience of apprenticeship frameworks including Functional Skills
- Experience of conducting and monitoring quality assurance processes and procedures in the ‘Work Based’ sector, whilst confirming assessment decisions
- Familiar and competent in completing observations of tutors / assessors
- Strong administration skills
- Hold a full valid driving license and/or*access to a form of transport which will allow the post holder to meet the requirements of the job in full. (*This refers to any candidate who has declared that they have a disability which debars them from driving.)
- Be able to successfully achieve ongoing security clearances in line with client needs to enable workplace learning to occur
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft package
- Experience of coaching / mentoring new and existing Assessors / Tutors to meet quality standards of delivery
- The ability to undertake a ‘needs analysis’ of training and development for staff
- The ability Lead / Chair standardisation meetings and processes, inspections and audits
- Experience of managing External Quality Assurance visits and relationships with awarding bodies
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Accountabilities and Essential Criteria for short listing purposes.
- The post holder’s duties will require them to be able to travel and stay across all parts of the UK for meetings/activities which may occasionally extend beyond normal office hours.
- Applicants will be subject to relevant DBS checks
- 10-year checkable work history, or full work history age dependent
- Employment is subject to satisfactory references and DBS check
Applicants must have a full driving licence and/or*access to a form of transport which will allow the post holder to meet the requirements of the job in full. (*This refers to any candidate who has declared that they have a disability which debars them from driving.)
Closing Date: 3rd June 2016Print Page