This apprenticeship can be delivered to existing Facilities Managers in order to develop skills, knowledge and understanding or those that are newly appointed to a Facilities Management position. Specific job roles at this level may include: Facilities Manager; Facilities Management (FM) Operations Manager; Estates Manager; FM Contract Manager. A Facilities Manager is responsible for the safe, secure and comfortable day-to-day working environment for properties, assets (e.g. equipment) and services that must be fully compliant with health and safety and other legislation. They are accountable for the management of the delivery of all FM services within their local area of responsibility e.g. for one or more contracts/services; specific services e.g. cleaning, maintenance or fleet services. They will ensure that levels of performance delivered exceed customer expectations within budget for the properties, assets and services.
By the end of this programme, learners will demonstrate knowledge and understanding and the ability to apply the skills and behaviours required for:
- Managing property and fixed assets including space management
- Facilities Management Service Delivery Relationship Building and Management, performance monitoring and improvement planning
- Facilities Management Compliance with Legislation and Organisational Policy
- Financial Management in FM, and the ability to implement ethical procurement practices in line with organisational policy
- The recruitment, development and performance monitoring of staff
- Change management when developing and implementing change projects