Blog: Top 10 apprenticeship facts
Apprenticeships are a great way to earn while learning and with over 23,000 apprenticeship opportunities listed on jobsites across the UK, it is obvious that there are plenty to go around.
Whether you employ an apprentice or work as an apprentice yourself, the question is – how much do you really know about apprenticeships?
Here are 10 of Jigsaw Training’s top apprenticeship facts:
- Latest government statistics state that 92 per cent of apprentices in work felt that their apprenticeship had a positive impact on their career.
- The statistics also reveal that higher apprentices could earn £150,000 more on average over their lifetime compared to those with level three vocational qualifications.
- More than 170 industries offer an apprenticeship scheme, including facilities management, engineering, business management and finance.
- Apprenticeships are not just for school leavers. In fact, you can be an apprentice and learn above and beyond a level 4 qualification. Examples include NVQ’s, foundation degrees and honours degrees.
- Apprenticeships can be completed through Jigsaw Training both onsite at a place of work or at an external site in a class room style location. This flexible approach aims to meets the needs of any business.
- The length of an apprenticeship can be between one to five years depending on the level, framework, sector and prior skills.
- Whilst studying an apprenticeship you are entitled to the same benefits as any other employee. This includes a certain number of paid holidays per year plus bank holidays.
- Apprenticeship Levy paying employers must have a pay bill of more than £3 million. Once you are a Levy paying employer, the funds can be used on government approved apprenticeship training across the UK.
- Non-levy paying employers – with a pay bill of less than £3 million – will be expected to pay 10 per cent towards the cost of apprenticeship training and the government will pay the additional 90 per cent.
- Ninety per cent of apprentices currently get a job or take on further training.
For more information about apprenticeships or if you are interested in employing an apprentice, please contact Jigsaw Training on 01772 430004 or email email@example.com