MITIE – Command Centre Excellence programme
Jigsaw Training in partnership with MITIE has launched the new Command Centre Excellence programme, approved by NOCN, to train control room operators and supervisors within its Total Security Management (TSM) business.
The programme was developed following a review of the activities at MiTec to further develop the control room team; raising their skill level and giving them a formal development programme. Jigsaw developed 12 modules for the programme, working with the MITIE senior team, which is aimed at operators and team supervisors.
- Understanding behaviour;
- Internal and external service;
- Telephone technique;
- Verbal and non-verbal communication;
- Assertiveness and handling aggressive behaviour;
- Written communication;
- Incident control, coordination and observational skills;
- Leading and managing people;
- Managing rotas, holidays, sickness and absence;
- Objective setting, motivating the team and delivering constructive feedback;
- Team leader as coach and mentor;
- Managing individual and team performance.
Operators will do the first seven modules and supervisors will do all 12.
Bob Forsyth, Managing Director for MITIE’s total security management business said:
“The control room excellence programme is a great initiative for the TSM business and for raising standards in the security industry generally. We are committed to developing our people and offering them career enhancing programmes to motivate them and engender loyalty.
“Our people are our greatest asset and we are pleased to offer our control room operatives and supervisors this unique opportunity for development.”